by Cherszy (@cherszy)
After days of waiting, the Comelec finally gave us a bit of the results, at least for the senatorial race that is. Here is the list of the senatorial candidates who made it to the Magic 12:
1. Bong Revilla (Lakas-Kampi) – 18,218,514
2. Jinggoy Estrada (PMP) – 17,722,162
3. Miriam Defensor Santiago (PRP) – 16,066,001
4. Franklin Drilon (LP) – 14,770,612
5. Juan Ponce Enrile (PMP) – 14,695,263
6. Pia Cayetano (NP) – 12,821,946
7. Bongbong Marcos (NP) – 12,372,118
8. Ralph Recto (LP) – 11,640,679
9. Vicente Sotto III (NPC) – 11,160,077
Only these 9 have been proclaimed officially as our new senators. The announcement was made yesterday at 3:20pm by the Comelec. However, only six of the nine were able to attend the proclamation. Miriam Defensor-Santiago, Franklin Drilon, and Bongbong Marcos were the only ones who were absent during the said event.
With only around 2-3 million votes to be canvassed, the top 9’s results won’t be affected that much anymore, therefore it is already safe to proclaim them as the winners. The remaining 10% of the votes will determine who will be the last three to join the 9 listed above. The three who are expected to fill in the last three of the Magic 12’s seats are Sergio Osmena III, Lito Lapid, and Teofisto Guingona, III. However, Risa Hontiveros is not far behind in the 13th place.
Will Risa catch up in the end, or are the results already final? Comelec will update us as soon as the all the results have been canvassed.
So, what do you think of the 9 who were announced? Do you think they deserve to be our new senators or not? Leave me your comments below.