by Cherszy (@cherszy)
Scotty McCreery may have taken home the title of the 10th American Idol two weeks ago in what is the most non-shocking result in American Idol history (he is on top of every DialIdol prediction and he was never on the bottom 3), but this season made up for that not-so-surprising yet explosive ending with great performances to remember. This season’s batch of contestants is just too talented and lovable. Each one of them brings something unique and crazy to the stage that it is almost always difficult to decide who deserves to go home week after week, but the rest of the pack have to step aside for that one winner who is really, in Randy’s words, “in it to win it”. While the Top 13 all clearly showed talent beyond compare, Scotty proved that he is one step ahead than all of them – America loves him more.
It’s been two weeks since the season ended – I know I’m a little late but I feel like I have to give tribute to this batch for their great talent which I have enjoyed for the past weeks. If you ask me, I would have wanted to see Haley Reinhart go head to head against James Durbin in the finale because these two have shown, at least to me, spectacular and fabulous even until their swan songs. Haley may have started out quite weak, landing constantly in the bottom 3, but she has shown growth and power as she moved on from week to week. And that is an artist in the making. As for James, he never failed to wow us. He always makes it a point to own that stage. It’s as if he was born a star. They’re not exactly my favorites because I’m not into the whole jazz and metal thing, but I’ve seen them through this journey and I can say that they’re great and they’re going to be big. Maybe I can get myself to give metal and/or jazz a chance!
Although Lauren Alaina and Scotty McCreery came out to be the best of the rest, I think this whole season has been incredible with all the great performances by your favorite idols. Therefore, as a tribute to this season – though two weeks late – I have compiled here the top 20 best performances of season 10. Will you agree with my picks? Scroll down to find out.
1. Where Do Broken Hearts Go (Pia Toscano)
2. With A Little Help From My Friends (Casey Abrams)
3. You’ve Really Got A Hold on Me (Haley Reinhart)
4. If You Don’t Know Me By Now (Stefano Langone)
5. Maybe I’m Amazed (James Durbin)
6. Gone (Scotty McCreery)
7. Rolling in the Deep (Haley Reinhart)
8. Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow (James Durbin)
9. River Deep Mountain High (Pia Toscano)
10. (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman (Lauren Alaina)
11. The Tracks of My Tears (Paul McDonald)
12. I Who Have Nothing (Haley Reinhart)
13. When A Man Loves A Woman (Stefano Langone)
14. Closer to the Edge (James Durbin)
15. The River (Scotty McCreery)
16. Dancing in the Streets (Naima Adedapo)
17. Love Potion No. 9 (James Durbin)
18. You Keep Me Hanging On (Lauren Alaina)
19. I Love You This Big (Scotty McCreery)
20. Like My Mother Does (Lauren Alaina)
What about you? What were your favorite performances from this season? And who did you prefer to battle it out in the finale? Sound off in the comments section; you know I’d like to know what you have in mind. 😉
*A big, big congratulations to Scotty McCreery!